Continuing with the cute, fluffy, and fast amigurumi patterns (if you miss it, check out this super fluffy bunny), the no-sew kitty cat is the new free pattern on the block! And there are many more to come!
Are you searching for a fast crochet project, or maybe just a cute kawaii amigurumi?! This is the place for you!
Today I share this Chunky Kitty Cat amigurumi free pattern! You can crochet this little cat in less than one hour! Perfect right?!
Hello there! My name is Ana! Welcome to Little crochet farm.
If you wish for an ad-free printable version of this pattern, you can find it in Ravelry here!
And on Etsy here!
If you like video patterns, check out other options on my YouTube channel. There are a couple of crochet toys and stitch tutorials for amigurumi. I am updating every week with new creations there! Subscribe and leave me a thumbs up! It would make me super happy!
Take a look at other amigurumis you may like!
Before we start, I leave a link to all the stitches tutorial I used to complete this pattern. If you are a complete beginner or not familiar with some technique, there is a blog post with step-by-step images with descriptions and video tutorials.
Pin it for later!!!
No-sew Kitty Cat free amigurumi pattern
- 8mm crochet hook
- Chenille yarn of your preference. For this cat, I used the brand Alize Velluto. Similar yarn weight and texture suggestion can be Universal Yarn and Creative World crafts. Additional contrast color if you wish to embroider the cat stripes.
- Black sports weight for the eyes and pink for the nose
- Stuffing material
- Sewing needle.
- Or, you can use safety eyes! The position is at the end of this post.
Finish size: 11.5cm or 4.5 inches.
For a low-cost and ad-free printable pattern, you can find it in Ravelry here!
And on Etsy here!
Terms and abbreviations (US terms):
Single crochet (sc): insert the hook into the stitch, pull up a loop yarn over the needle, you will have two loops on the hook, yarn over the needle and pull it through the two loops.
Double Crochet (dc): yarn over the needle, insert the hook into the stitch, pull up a loop, yarn over the needle, pull through the first two loops on the hook, yarn over again, pull up inside both loops on the needle.
Increase (inc): make two single crochet inside the same stitch.
Decrease (dec): Insert hook into front loop only of next two stitches, yarn under, pull through, you will have two loops on the hook. Yarn under and pull through both loops on the hook.
Front loop (FL): Insert hook into the front loop only of the stitch, and continue with the stitch written in front of the abbreviation FL.
Bobble stitch (BO): Yarn over, insert the hook into the stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop, yarn over again and pull through the first 2 loops (you’ll have 2 loops on the hook.) Repeat 5 times and you will have 6 loops on your hook, yarn over one last time and pull inside all loops on the needle.
HEAD and BODY
With color of your choice start,
1 rnd 6sc in a magic ring
2 rnd 6inc Total 12sts
3 rnd (1sc, 1inc) repeat 6 times Total 18sts
4 rnd (2sc, 1inc) repeat 6 times Total 24sts
5 to 7 rnd 24sc
8 rnd 12dec Total 12sts
• For the next round, you will work all stitches on the Front Loop only. From round 10 on, go back to working normally.
9 rnd FL(3sc, 1BO, 4sc, 1BO, 3sc)
10 rnd (1sc, 1inc) repeat 6 times Total 18sts
11 rnd 18sc
12 rnd chain 9, skip the first chain, 8sc, join with a sc, 5sc, (1FLBO, 5sc) repeat 2 times
13 rnd (1sc, 1dec) repeat 6 times Total 12sts
• Cut the yarn, fasten it off, and hide the remaining tail inside the toy.
With the same color, introduce the yarn on top of the cat’s head.
Cat right ear: Attach the yarn between rounds one and two and work the stitches going down round by round taking one stitch of the head to make the ear, following:
1sc, chain 1, 1dc, chain 1, 1sc
• Cut the yarn and fasten it off.
• For the left ear, attach the yarn between rounds 4 and 5, and crochet the ear going up to the head.
- Embroider the eyes in round 5 leaving 3 stitches between them. Embroider the whiskers one round under the eyes and one stitch beside with the same yarn.
- With pink yarn, embroider the nose in round 4, between the eyes.
- Optional: With a contrast color, embroider lines to make the cat stripes. I made three on top of the head starting two rounds above the eye, four little ones in front of its body, and a couple of dots on its tail.
Your Kitty Cat amigurumi is ready!
I hope you enjoy this pattern, and if you have any questions or comments in general, leave them in the comment box below.
If the little kitty crochet pattern was clear and useful to you, consider subscribing to my YouTube channel. I schedule to add every week a new free pattern and a new stitch tutorial to help you learn a bit more about this crochet toys world!
I also will share here my Ravelry shop where you can find a bit more advanced crochet patterns. And, on Ravelry, there is available a low-cost printable version of these free patterns you can see here.
See you next time!
You may also like: