Searching for a no-sew amigurumi pattern, a fast crochet project, or maybe just a cute kawaii amigurumi?! This is the place for you! Have you seen the Ice cream cone before? It makes a great set with the Cupcake!
Today I share this mini Cupcake amigurumi free pattern! The best part, no need for sewing!
Hello there! My name is Ana! Welcome to Little crochet farm.
If you wish for an add-free printable version of this pattern, you can find it for 3 USD in Ravelry here!
And on Etsy here!
If you like video patterns, check out other options on my YouTube channel. There are a couple of crochet toys and stitch tutorials for amigurumi. I am updating every week with new creations there! Subscribe and leave me a thumbs up! It would make me super happy!
Take a look at other quick amigurumi free patterns
Before we start, I leave a link to all the stitches tutorial I used to complete this pattern. If you are a complete beginner or not familiar with some technique, there is a blog post with step-by-step images with descriptions and video tutorials.
Pin it for later!!!
No-sew mini Cupcake free amigurumi pattern
- 2mm crochet hook
- Light worsted (DK – double knitting) cotton yarn in 2 different colors.
- Black thread for embroidering the eyes.
- Stuffing material
- Sewing needle.
- Or, you can use safety eyes! The position is at the end of this post.
Finish size: 5cm or (about) 2 inches
For a low cost (3 USD), add-free and printable pattern, you can find it in Ravelry here!
And on Etsy here!
Terms and abbreviations (US terms):
Single crochet (sc): insert the hook into the stitch, pull up a loop yarn over the needle, you will have two loops on the hook, yarn over the needle, and pull it through the two loops.
Increase (inc): make two single crochet inside the same stitch.
Decrease (dec): Insert hook into front loop only of next two stitches, yarn under, pull through, you will have two loops on the hook. Yarn under and pull through both loops on the hook.
Back loop Slip stitch (blsl): Insert hook into the back loop only of the stitch, yarn under, pull through both stitch and loop on hook.
With red yarn start,
1 rnd 6sc in a magic ring
2 rnd 6inc Total 12sts
3 rnd 12sc
4 rnd 6dec Total 6sts
• Use the remaining tail from the beginning of the yarn to add outside of the cherry, creating a peduncle.
• Change to white color yarn,
5 rnd FL 6inc Total 12sts
6 rnd (1sc, 1inc) repeat 6 times Total 18sts
7 rnd (2sc, 1inc) repeat 6 times Total 24sts
8 rnd (3sc, 1inc) repeat 6 times Total 30sts
9 rnd (4sc, 1inc) repeat 6 times Total 36sts
10 to 13 rnd 36sc
• For the next round you will work only in the front loop of the stitch.
14 rnd FL(sk1, 3dc in the same st, 1sl) repeat 12 times
• Change to dark beige yarn
• For the next round you will work in the remaining back loop of the round 13.
15 rnd 36BLsc
16 and 17 rnd 36sc
18 rnd (4sc, 1dec) repeat 6 times Total 30sts
19 and 20 rnd 30sc
• For the next round you will work in the back loop only of the stitch.
21 rnd BL (3sc, 1dec) repeat 6 times Total 24sts
• From here on, crochet taking both loops normally.
22 rnd (2sc, 1dec) repeat 6 times Total 18sts
• Stop here to add stuffing material.
23 rnd (1sc, 1dec) repeat 6 times Total 12sts
• Cut the yarn and fasten off.
- With a different color yarn, add a couple of sprinkles on top of the cupcake.
- If you want to add eyes and mouth, place the eyes at round 10 leaving 5 stitches between the eyes. And embroider the mouth one round under the eyes.
Your Cupcake amigurumi is ready!
I hope you enjoy this pattern! If you have any questions or comments, leave them in the comment box below.
If this mini Cupcake crochet pattern was clear and useful to you, consider subscribing to my YouTube channel. I schedule to add every week a new free pattern and a new stitch tutorial to help you learn a bit more about this crochet toys world!
I also will share here my Ravelry shop where you can find a bit more advanced crochet patterns. And, on Ravelry, there is available a low-cost printable version of these free patterns you can see here.
See you next time!
You may also like: