Hello there! My name is Ana! Welcome to Little crochet farm.
If you like video patterns, check out other options on my YouTube channel. There are a couple of crochet toys and stitch tutorials for amigurumi. I am updating every week with new creations there! Subscribe and leave me a thumbs up! It would make me super happy!
In this blog post, I share this cute Sleepy cat amigurumi rattle crochet pattern. It is a simple pattern for a newborn crochet toy , suitable for amigurumi beginners and, is fast to crochet! So if you are looking for a fast crochet project for a baby shower gift, this is the right one for you!
If you wish for an ad-free printable version of this pattern, you can find it in Ravelry here!
Or, if you prefer purchasing on Etsy, you can find it here!
Take a look at other quick amigurumi free patterns
Before we start, I leave a link to all the stitches tutorial I used to complete this pattern. If you are a complete beginner or not familiar with some technique, there is a blog post with step-by-step images with descriptions and video tutorials.
Pin it for later!!!
Cat baby rattle toy free amigurumi pattern
- 2mm crochet hook
- Light worsted (or DK) yarn in two colors of you preference (I used 100% acrylic for this pattern)
- Black yarn for the eyes.
- Stuffing material
- Sewing needle.
- Rattle noise of your choice (here is what I use).
- Or, you can use safety eyes! The position is at the end of this post.
Finish size: 17cm or (about) 6,6 inches
For a low cost, ad-free and printable pattern, you can find it in Ravelry here!
And on Etsy here!
Start with pink color yarn, chain 6. Skip first chain and,
1 rnd 4sc, 4sc in same stitch (turning the foundation chain clockwise and continuing working on the other side of the chain) 3sc, 3sc in the last stitch. Total 14sts
2 rnd 1inc, 4sc, 1inc, 1sc, 1inc, 4sc, 1inc, 1sc Total 18sts
3 rnd 1inc, 5sc, 1inc, 2sc, 1inc, 5sc, 1inc, 2sc Total 22sts
4 rnd 1inc, 7sc, 1inc, 2sc, 1inc, 7sc, 1inc, 2sc Total 26sts
5 rnd 1inc, 9sc, 1inc, 2sc, 1inc, 9sc, 1inc, 2sc Total 30sts
6 rnd (4sc, 1inc) repeat 6 times Total 36sts
7 rnd 36sc
8 rnd (5sc, 1inc) repeat 6 times Total 42sts
9 rnd 42sc
10 rnd (6sc, 1inc) repeat 6 times Total 48sts
11 rnd 48sc
12 rnd (7sc, 1inc) repeat 6 times Total 54sts
13 rnd 54sc
• Change to light beige color,
14 to 19 rnd 54sc
20 rnd (7sc, 1dec) repeat 6 times Total 48sts
21 rnd (2sc, 1dec) repeat 12 times Total 36sts
22 rnd (1sc, 1dec) repeat 12 times Total 24sts
23 rnd 24FPsc
• Add stuffing material before continuing to row 25
24 to 26 rnd 24sc
• Change to pink yarn,
27 to 41 rnd 24 sc
• Keep adding stuffing material every 5 rounds.
• Change to beige yarn,
42 to 46 rnd 24sc
• Change to pink yarn,
47 rnd 24BLsl
48 rnd FL(3sc, 1inc) repeat 6 times Total 30sts
49 to 53 rnd 30sc
54 rnd (3sc, 1dec) repeat 6 times Total 24sts
55 rnd (2sc, 1dec) repeat 6 times Total 18sts
• Stop here for finish stuffing the bunny rattle amigurumi.
56 rnd (1sc, 1dec) repeat 6 times Total 12sts
• Cut the yarn, fasten off and hide the remaining tail inside the toy.
With pink yarn start,
1 rnd 4sc in magic ring
2 rnd (1inc, 1sc) repeat 2 times Total 6sts
3 rnd (1inc, 2sc) repeat 2 times Total 8sts
4 rnd (1inc, 3sc) repeat 2 times Total 10sts
5 rnd (1inc, 4sc) repeat 2 times Total 12sts
6 rnd (1inc, 5sc) repeat 2 times Total 14sts
7 rnd (1inc, 6sc) repeat 2 times Total 16sts
8 rnd (1inc, 7sc) repeat 2 times Total 18st
• Cut the yarn, fasten off and leave a tail for sewing.
• Make two! Here, I made one of each color used for the toy.
- Sew the ears between rounds 3 and 4 of the head leaving a gap of 8 stitches between them.
- Embroider the eyes starting at rows 10 and going up one round and taking 4 stitches length. Leave 4 stitches between them.
- Embroider the nose in the central part of the head, one row below the eyes.
- Embroider three lines on the cheek, three rows under the eye, and, five stitches away from the nose. The length of the lines I embroider was about three stitches. Leave a one row gap between them.
- Make the same three lines on both sides of the face.
Your Cat rattle toy amigurumi is ready!
I hope you enjoy this pattern! If you have any questions or comments, leave them in the comment box below.
If this amigurumi baby crochet pattern was clear and useful to you, consider subscribing to my YouTube channel. I schedule to add every week a new free pattern and a new stitch tutorial to help you learn a bit more about this crochet toys world!
I also will share here my Ravelry shop where you can find a bit more advanced crochet patterns. And, on Ravelry, there is available a low-cost printable version of these free patterns you can see here.
See you next time!
You may also like: